1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pets for sale on Gumtree :o(

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tartetatin, Jan 24, 2012.

1. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

We are going to have a look round our local cat rescue centre on Saturday, with a view to getting a cat for our 10 year old daughter. It will be her first 'proper' (i.e. not a goldfish!) pet. She's a good girl, kind, mature, crazy about animals, etc.
    Anyway, out of boredom while waiting for the dinner to cook, I've just checked Gumtree for kittens available locally. Wish I hadn't [​IMG] ...
    One kitten looked so incredibly beautiful that I clicked on the ad. The wording was i have one kitten to go 60 pound for it first email can have it email for more info.
    First email can have it? I find that totally depressing.
    I grew up with Staffies and, in my opinion, they're smashing wee dogs if bred and raised properly. There are LOADS on Gumtree for £100 or less. So irresponsible.
    Really makes me sad [​IMG]

2. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

We are going to have a look round our local cat rescue centre on Saturday, with a view to getting a cat for our 10 year old daughter. It will be her first 'proper' (i.e. not a goldfish!) pet. She's a good girl, kind, mature, crazy about animals, etc.
    Anyway, out of boredom while waiting for the dinner to cook, I've just checked Gumtree for kittens available locally. Wish I hadn't [​IMG] ...
    One kitten looked so incredibly beautiful that I clicked on the ad. The wording was i have one kitten to go 60 pound for it first email can have it email for more info.
    First email can have it? I find that totally depressing.
    I grew up with Staffies and, in my opinion, they're smashing wee dogs if bred and raised properly. There are LOADS on Gumtree for £100 or less. So irresponsible.
    Really makes me sad [​IMG]

3. Pets4home are as bad.

4. Me too.
    [​IMG]

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Blazer major and mrs blazer major got their rescue cat from gumtree. Lovely thing it is too!