1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Peter Falk dies aged 83

Discussion in 'Personal' started by grandelf, Jun 24, 2011.

1. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

2. bed

bed New commenter

Ahh Columbo
    Childhood memories of staying up "late" with Mum on a Friday night to watch it.
    And more recently enjoying it from a prone position on the sofa feeling poorly and off work - a perk of poorliness
    Columbo was such a great character and - from what I remember - Peter Falk was a nice man, family man (I do hope no-one has stories of nasty badness)
    He contributed such a lot to people's pleasure by being a part of a long story that went for ages - and a really simple story - bad man does bad thing - good man finds him out and gets justice ... and I think there were bad women too.
    As grandelf said
    RIP

bed

3. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

..Oh, just 1 more thing......RIP Columbo :(

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

5. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

May he rest in peace and I look forward to continuing to enjoy the odd afternoon of Columbo. He always comes across as such a nice guy.

6. I forced my sons to watch The Princess Bride a couple of months ago. They loved it :) Peter Falk is great in it. I'm off to Amazon to order a copy now.

7. This is how I heard - OMG such a gentle soul...I'll miss him....and now I feel old (er) - such an icon from my past xxx Will have to watch the princess bride again - i raved about it so much that my kids bought it for me for christmas

8. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

Sad news :( Columbo is definitely in my top 3 of great TV 'tecs- sharing the honour with Lewis and Frost. I've got several series on DVD and love them.

9. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

Same here.
    (I have to watch him solo, though as my wife finds all the mannerisms and "Just one more thing" etc just too irritating for words.)
    Really great character he created, and he'll live on through him.

10. a fine actor. Rest in peace

11. Wouldn't it be great at his funeral if , just as the coffin was about to disappear behind the curtain, it reversed back into the chapel and the words "oh, just one more thing" came over the PA.

12. missmunchie

missmunchie Occasional commenter

My husband told me that he had died on my birthday. [​IMG]
    We live in Spain and there was a seven hour marathon of episodes on yesterday. [​IMG]
    The only thing was I couldn't watch them in English and the guy who dubs Peter Falk's voice in the Spanish versions is soooo bad!