1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pestering supply agencies

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Supplygirl111, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Supplygirl111

Supplygirl111 New commenter

Hi,
    Just want some advice with how often to get in touch with supply agencies.

I signed up about 3 months ago to 2 agencies. I text one my availibility last week and put the other one online.

I rung them yesterday to confirm everything was all set.
    One said everything is just getting signed off (been months), the other said i hadnt sent a certain membership. Emailed her a screenshot of an email and asked if this is what she needed at lunchtime yesterday.
    I also sent this to other supply agency just in case.

I havent heard back from them about the email to confirm i sent the right thing. I understand theyre busy this time of uear with signups but i signed up months ago.

Should i ring them both again tomorrow or thursday to confirm everything is okay and that way giving them another day or so to read their emails?
    I just dont want to come across as a pest

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

If you are not working then they are not earning either. It is in both your interests to get you into schools. Be a pest.

3. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

I don't bother them myself, but I've been fortunate enough to have near continuous employment. That means they know I have something important to impart if I ring. Then they don't have to avoid answering or lying to me about the work just around the corner.
    They definitely ring you if they have a job going, so why bother.

If these 2 aren't delivering then use the free time you have to register with a few more.

corgie11 and Jesmond12 like this.
  4. daisy1603

daisy1603 Occasional commenter

I hadn’t thought of it like that, I’ll be pestering my agency tomorrow :)

5. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

Agency to teacher registering with it: "Teachers in your subject are in great demand. We'll find you all the work you want."

After teacher has registered,(and money has changed hands?)

Agency: "It's very quiet, at the moment. We are expecting things to pick up soon."