1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pertinent Questions to ask at the end of the interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by lucie19, Feb 7, 2011.

1. lucie19

lucie19 New commenter

V. excited have finally got an interview and a chance to prove how much this means to me [​IMG]
    I have been going over all the possible questions in my head but have just thought I hate it when they say "is there anything you would like to ask us?" and you cant think of anything. So I need to think of a good relevent question to ask.
    I have done my research thoroughly so apart from the question mark over the whole thing caused by the potential changes in the curriculum review and the white paper, I cant think of anything. I am worried about appearing to be too political if I ask anything about that.
    Its for PGCE Histoty btw,
    Thanks all

2. lucie19

lucie19 New commenter

V. excited have finally got an interview and a chance to prove how much this means to me [​IMG]
    I have been going over all the possible questions in my head but have just thought I hate it when they say "is there anything you would like to ask us?" and you cant think of anything. So I need to think of a good relevent question to ask.
    I have done my research thoroughly so apart from the question mark over the whole thing caused by the potential changes in the curriculum review and the white paper, I cant think of anything. I am worried about appearing to be too political if I ask anything about that.
    Its for PGCE Histoty btw,
    Thanks all

3. Ask them what you can be doing whilst you wait to start your pgce, maybe even ask for a reading list, and take notes if they give you suggestions of books to read. Worked for me, I got a place offered to me today!
    Good luck, and enjoy it!

4. Yeah I'd go with something like what becs said above. Probably wouldn't go for a political thing- but that info will be good of you have a topic on government changes etc in a group discussion. Also things like what would stand you in good stead for the start of your course e.g. Experience in different types of schools to what you already have? Would show you put are willing to put time in. One last thing... It wasn't like any interview I'd had before- it's so competitive I found that quite scary so make yourself heard and don't be afraid to speak up. That's what I wish I'd known. Good luck!

5. lucie19

lucie19 New commenter

brilliant thanks guys now all I've got to do is keep calm ARGHHHHHHHH lol