1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Persuasive TV adverts and extracts

Discussion in 'Primary' started by imanewteacher2007, Mar 1, 2009.

1. imanewteacher2007

imanewteacher2007 New commenter

Has anyone got any good ideas for TV commercials I can show my mixed ability year 4 class which have persuasive elements in them?
    Going to have a good look through you.tube but was wondering if anyone knew of any sites that would help me!
    Thanks!

2. imanewteacher2007

imanewteacher2007 New commenter

Has anyone got any good ideas for TV commercials I can show my mixed ability year 4 class which have persuasive elements in them?
    Going to have a good look through you.tube but was wondering if anyone knew of any sites that would help me!
    Thanks!

3. Loads of Marks and Spencers food adverts on tellyads.com
    Just did this with my year 4 class they loved using these adverts!

4. The tellyads site is brilliant. Make sure you have plenty of time to browse because you'll end up going down 'Memory Lane'. [​IMG]

5. I would go with historical ads like Sugar Puffs, Mars bars and Coke.

6. vannie

vannie Lead commenter

There's one that I think is for the ASA called 'Every Home Needs a Harvey' - basically a very cute dog attempting to sell itself. I love it.

7. vannie

vannie Lead commenter

It has a sequel 'Harvey and Rabbit' - it's an ad for TV advertising. Very meta.