1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Personnel Changes

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by ABrown92273, Jan 9, 2012.

1. There have been a few personnel changes in my son's multi-needs classroom, that consists mainly of non verbal children. I am curious, do parents have the right, or are they required to be notified of such changes?
    Could anyone help on this issue?

2. There have been a few personnel changes in my son's multi-needs classroom, that consists mainly of non verbal children. I am curious, do parents have the right, or are they required to be notified of such changes?
    Could anyone help on this issue?

3. I am not sure about whether there is a general policy between all schools but, I know, where I work, parents are informed of staff changes if it is a management change or if it affects them personally, eg, their child's keyworker is leaving or transferring to another unit. That said, even if there is not any written protocol, surely it's just courtesy to let the parents know if there is going to be any major staff changes. I know, in the school attached to the unit I work in, though, some of the support staff are put into different classes every school year so not sure how often they contact parents in that situation. I am transferring to another unit this week and phoned up my key student's mother to let her know. It was a very awkward and upsetting conversation but I didn't want to leave without letting her know.

4. R13

R13 New commenter

I can't see what rights parents have or should have in terms of staffing changes - that surely is down to the management of the school. One wouldcertainly hope that the school mimght wish to keep the parents of the children well informed but if staff leave or internal staff changes are required within a school it's hardly a matter one could consult on