1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Personality Clash'

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by oldgreywolf, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Yes - along with 'how unprofessional', 'not a team player' ..... I'm sure others can post many more.

2. Vampyria

Vampyria New commenter

Oh yes OGW the 'team player' certainly rings a bell and from my own experience as well!!
    It's just that I heard from an ex-colleague the other day who's very clearly being treated unfairly by her HOD and when she approached the line manager was informed that it was down to the fact 'they didn't get on' when it was perfectly obvious she had genuine grievances! He's not the type who really wants to get involved in sorting things like this out though!

3. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

Totally agree with this post and from my experience, the higher up you go in the pecking order, the more others seem to have a "personality clash" with you- the bullies seem to be given carte blanche to carry on as the LA use this famous phrase to explain why people complain to them about their managers.

4. I think managers get away with a lot of personal comments that have nothing to do with performance management.

The Edudicator