1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Personal Statements!!!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by princess644, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Hi shell
    just got ure statement, its really good,
    ave done some similar things in secondary schools and I never thought of adding them to my statement.
    you've gave me a lot of inspiration and ideas.
    cheers
    xxx

2. Hi Shell
    I am in the process of writing my Personal Statement.

I would be very grateful if you could send me a copy of yours
    Thanks in anticipation
    Monica
    monica_th@hotmail.com

3. Hi Shell,
    I too would love a copy of your PS - ever thought of charging, you would make an absolute fortune! Am staring at a blank page at the moment and need some inspiration. Thanks ever so much.

email is: ozzmosis8@hotmail.com

4. Hi Shell

your PS forum was a great idea!
    Im getting really jittery about my PS, havent even started it yet, and need serious help!

Id love a look at yours and any tips or advice you can give!

Im hoping to aplly for Early Years, in Yorkshire somewhere!

Thank you soooo much

barbierox@hotmail.com / reg103@york.ac.uk

5. Hi everyone and especially Shell

I thought as Shell must be getting a bit tired of emailing her p. statement that i would offer mine as well if anyone is interested. I'm also more than happy to look over peoples personal statements if they wish.
    Good luck to all
    Dave

davidmetcalf@hotmail.com

6. Hi dave1978 - it would be great to get another perspective on personal statements. Could you please email me a copy of yours to rollerlea@aol.com and I'll be eternally grateful. P.S. Good luck with everthing.

Ta ta for now.

7. Just wanted to say thanks to shell, your statement sounds great.

Dave I would like to look at yours if you dont mind... if you have the time its cookiecaz@hotmail.com

8. Hi Dave,

I was wondering if I could get a copy of your Personal statement as well. It is good to get another perspective on things! Thanks for the help!

donalhill@hotmail.com

9. Just referring back to the questions a little earlier about referees. If you have graduated in the last 5 years you must give a referee from the university - even if they don't your you from Adam (or Eve!). In my case the referee was an Open University Regional Director!

Don't worry too much about the second referee, they are almost never contacted. In theory the institutions may approach them if they require 'further information'. In practice they don't appear to actually value these references much anyway.

In regard to the PS, keep it simple; why you want to teach, relevant experience, academic background. Stay in touch with reality (if possible!) you are keen and committed but are trying to enter a profession, not Holy Orders!

Good luck to all 2006 applicants.

Paul

10. Oops! ...know you from Adam...

Must remember to preview these things before hitting the 'Post' button.

11. Hi Shell

Please would you send a copy of your personal statement, my mind is a complete blank at the moment.

Thanks.

suemcmahon@blueyonder.co.uk

12. Hi CurlySue,

You've got mail. :) xx

13. Hello again, dave could i also have a copy of your statement. I have now got two different ones i have wrote and trying to decide which one is best. eeeeh. x

14. Hi barbierox,

I forwarded my statement to you last night, let me kno if you didn't recieve it and I'll send it agian.
    Shell. xx

15. HI Shell26

Sorry to be another to the long list but I too have been wanting to see a personal statement and it seems like yours is fabulous. Can I have a copy too please??

SpinE311@aol.com

Many thanks

16. koala21, I've sent my p.statement to you. Hope it helps to give you some ideas. Shell. xx

17. Thanks Shell26 I'm off to have a read!

18. Heya!
    Shell and Dave I'd love to see a copy of your personal statements if it's not too much hassle...
    penny1984@gmail.com