1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Personal Statements!!!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by princess644, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Hiya,

I thought i would start a thread about personal statements as we all seem to be writing them at the moment! It might help us all if we include our advice and tips etc in one thread.

I'm looking for an opening sentence at the moment so haven't got that far.

Any advice on what to include and how to keep it short???!

xxxxx

2. Hiya,

I thought i would start a thread about personal statements as we all seem to be writing them at the moment! It might help us all if we include our advice and tips etc in one thread.

I'm looking for an opening sentence at the moment so haven't got that far.

Any advice on what to include and how to keep it short???!

xxxxx

3. Hi princess644,
    I have not looked at my personal statement for a week just having a wee rest from it lol. I started mine with why i wanted to teach,then experience in and out of school and finished it with stuff about my degree. It is still about 4 lines to long and i really don't want to take anything else out of it. How are you getting on with your's, i really struggled starting it, as was very unsure what to say. I wanted to sound good but not big headed. Fingers crossed x

4. At the moment I have a blank piece of paper with the title Personal Statement!!!!!

Every time I write something i think it sounds really cheesy and cross it all out!

xx

5. Hi,

If anyone wants to take a look at mine from last year, you're welcome to. It might offer a starting point/ideas for structure, etc.

Shell. xx

6. mine too! is u want i can email u a copy or summit, it got me into all my uni's!!

7. I would love to see how you have structured it and also count your words ... i can't seem to log on to the gttr website to practice as it says they have stopped taking applications :(

barnza40@hotmail.com

What age will you be teaching? did u get into your first choice of uni?

xxxx

8. Hi,

sure, will send it right away. I'm starting a Primary 5-11 course in a few weeks, at my first choice.

Where you applying to and what age range?

9. I would like to do the Bournemouth and Poole SCITT course (although i'm tempted to do the pgce at southampton as more people post on here from that course!) 5-11 yrs.

xx

10. shell where u goin? im off to UWIC!

11. princess644,

you've got mail. :)

12. Hi welsh_torse,

I'm going to Liverpool Hope. Start the preliminary attachment on 5th September - not long now!!

13. shell26 - thank you so much for sending your PS, its really good. I like the way each paragraph flows linking all your experience together, its really helpful, thank you.

Good luck with your course xxxx

14. You're welcome princess644, I remember how stressed out I was this time last year as well trying to write it, but you WILL get there I promise!!

Best of Luck!! xx

15. Hi guys, could i also get a copy of your personal statement would be good to see how other people structured them. Cheers x

PS email address is

lisasmith@hotmail.co.uk

16. Thank you shell, your personal statement looks fab!!! All the best with the teacher training. x

17. please could i have a copy too? i would be v thankful!

18. Has anyone else had a change in career rather than going from uni to a pgce? Just wondering how you put this in your personal statement because i feel like mine sounds like i can't decide on a job and i've just picked teaching out of the air as a second option.

xxx

19. Blah!, you've got mail. :)