1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Personal statements. Stop Stop STOP doing this!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by charliapple, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Bobdog - Can I just ask where you are course leader? I totally agree with you - teachers should be 'imaginative, creative and highly knowledgeable' - Thats what makes teachers inspirational and make a difference in a childs life!

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

The real problem is that many do show others their statement as they are unconfident! How often in life do you write out personal statements and then have them used as a means of assessing your chracter, determination and suitablity.A CV is somethng different and one most folks are familiar with, and to sending and even writing, for a number of jobs.
    Folks want to be helpful and suggest ideas and some even tell them what to write, indeed I would where I to want to write personal statements again......so its not suprising that those who want to helps styles show through.I am against plagerism,although it has existed for many a year.....even back to teacher training college when some students used other students work to write their own essays.

3. I'll bet not many people wanted to copy yours.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Bump it up to the top again, in case there's somebody who hasn't seen it.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

And up again.

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Final bump! It has had 1,900 views, so if that is 1,900 people we have saved from making an easy mistake, that's great.