1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Personal Statement

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by saffydee, Oct 27, 2018.

1. saffydee

saffydee New commenter

Hi all,

I'm applying for NASENCO and struggling to write my personal statement for UCL. Does anyone have an example that I could look at? Also I'm not sure how much I should write. Anything at this point would be most helpful as I need to submit my application ASAP.

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Is it asking for your vision for inclusion ?

3. saffydee

saffydee New commenter

I guess vision could be explored in the final point.
    • why you want to study Special Educational Needs Co-ordination at graduate level
    • why you want to study Special Educational Needs Co-ordination at UCL
    • what particularly attracts you to the chosen programme
    • how your academic and professional background meets the demands of this challenging programme
    • where you would like to go professionally with your degree

4. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Well to be fair it has given you a framework for your response ? Re length I would be succinct and avoid clichés such ( eg passion / full potential ). Leading and managing provision for those challenged and challenging is an enormous privilege and if I were your prospective provider I would expect this to come across unreservedly in your statement along with your commitment to developing the sensibities / confidence / aspirations of your staff and additional adults in celebrating / nurturing / supporting - getting the best out of the students in their charge ..... emotionally , socially , academically ....

5. saffydee

saffydee New commenter

Understood! Thanks for taking the time to respond.