1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Personal Statement and Letter of Application for a Deputy Head teacher

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by porthenys, Feb 19, 2010.

1. I am applying, or trying to apply for a DH position in a Catholic Primary School however I am getting very confused about what should be in both. I am torn between two sets of advice. I have written most of what I consider to be my personal statement. I am finding writing my philosophy of Catholic education quite hard, any ideas on how this should be phrased?

I would also be ever so grateful for any advice on how to lay out my letter of application. I understand it should follow the person specification but that is about it. Please help!
    Please reply to:-Neil@theantrobuses.co.uk

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Have a look at the thread pinned to the top of this Forum, which should give you all the advice that you need.
    The Executive Summary example is particularly relevant for a SLT post.
    Here's what another poster today said about this advice:
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/388264.aspx
    Best wishes!
    PS - I have sent you a PM. Look in your mailbox, top RH of screen

3. Hi,

Saw this message when doing a little internet research. Have recently applied for a DH position in a Catholic Primary ( I have not worked in the CES before). According to feedback I didn't get shortlisted due to my lack of evidence in supporting the school's ethos. To say the least I was a little surprised by this as I am a practicing Catholic and felt that my evidence was one of the strongest part of my statement (maybe a little over-confident)
    I would appreciate any advice in this area and the supporting statement process as a whole.
    Please reply to
    tony.donovan@hotmail.co.uk

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I'd change your username and get this post removed from here - not your best plan to advertise to prospective employers that you're asking others for help on here...