1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Personal Information.

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by wwp3610, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Can anyone help. I have found out today that my Line Manager has been discussing my personal information with one of my students. He was then having a laugh & joke about the info with the student.
    Is it a sackable offence for my Line Manager to do this????

2. I can't see it being sackable, but it could be disciplinable, depending on what was said. If he said that once she dyed her hair blue and looked ridiculous, then no, he won't be accountable. Can you give any more details without being identifyable?

3. Does the head know he has refused? Speak to the head again aand if nothing is done, give your union a call. It does sound like low level harassment if there are other instances as well.

4. Yes, that's what I can't understand. I have moved forward to Mediation now but I've got a feeling that won't work. He's already had a warning re some of the other issues but has still carried on & done the last thing, give a pupil previous job details. I think that if the details he gave out were from a weaker staff member, it could have ended their career at our school. One of the things that are on my side is the fact that most of the students like & respect me. This is because I deal with them in a firm but fare manner. This seems to work. My Head caught me this morning to tell me the Mediation team will be contacting me, as I said, we'll see.

5. I hope everything works out OK for you.
    I work in a mainstream primary school and no-one would ever pass on any personal information to a pupil. I can't understand why you are having such a horrid time. In my opinion this person should at least be reprimanded and given a written warning.
    The Head should have dealt firmly with this immediately.