1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Personal CPD

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by louisee9, Jan 24, 2019.

1. louisee9

louisee9 New commenter

Hi all,
    I have more time than I used to around my tuition hours and I am looking to use it better to develop/keep up. I was wondering what resources (preferably free) you all use to keep up with teaching in schools as well as anything that is more specific to your one to one teaching.

2. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

You don't say what subject or level you tutor so it's difficult to offer advice.

As a tutor in maths, physics and chemistry for GCSE and A level I find the main thing is to keep up to date with the frequent changes in the specifications. You can get most of the required information from the exam board websites.

3. treeickle

treeickle New commenter

Future learn sometimes has some interesting courses, I tutor mostly nervous girls in biology and have picked up some interesting ideas and approaches for one to one.

4. louisee9

louisee9 New commenter

I teach English with a focus on GCSE so, as you are I try to keep up with the continual adjustments that the exam boards are making to the new GCSE. The difficulty comes in being out of touch with how that adjustment is being interpreted by teachers.

5. louisee9

louisee9 New commenter

Looks like an interesting website, I will definitely take a look. Thanks for the tip.