1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Person specification

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by cys2017, Aug 11, 2018.

1. cys2017

cys2017 Occasional commenter

hello

So I’m interested in a job that requires the candidate to have a level 3 safeguarding certificate.

The role involves pastoral care and being an achievement coach for those underachieving.

I don’t have a separate qualification which is in safeguarding. However my degree in childhood and youth studies covered safeguarding modules .. would that count.. it is obviously a higher level than level 3. I also have a teacher training qualification.

Online when I searched level 3 safeguarding qualification it just comes up with cpd online training which is cpd certified. Would that count?

I’ve tried contacting HR and they said just explain in the statement about degree modules and didn’t seem to fussed about it... however it is an Essential criteria on the spec so thought I’d ask here.

2. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Level 3 safeguarding refers to child protection training. In primary schools usually SLT are trained up to level 2 or 3. All other staff in schools receive level 1 safeguarding training either from the HT or someone from the county or someone similar. Maybe now external providers are offering the training.

Just say on the application form that you would be willing to undertake level 3 safeguarding training.

3. cys2017

cys2017 Occasional commenter

Okay I found a website where I can get the training from. So by qualification it meant training?

If it’s an ESSENTIAL criteria not a desirable one is it ok to say you’re working towards it?

4. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

I can only write from a primary school perspective. I have no knowledge of secondary school or FE policies and practice.
    I csn only say that I would explain the situation on the application form.

Do you have to pay for the training? Once in post it would be free.
    How long is the course?
    Is it face to face or purely online?

Sorry, I am not much help really.

agathamorse likes this.