1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Person Specification Query

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by rugby_gal06, Jul 6, 2011.

1. I am currently writing a statement against the PS criteria. The PS has a column saying where the information to fulfil the criteria will be found. Do I completely ignore the ones that just say interview and references (This covers 10 bullet points)? However, if I do, my statement is very short (6 bullet points)! I have done an executive summary to go with my application, so each criteria is addressed to some extent.
    Any advice? What would you be looking for as a head? I don't want to include them in there if a head teacher takes it as I can't follow instructions, for example!

2. Don't worry too much. Try and address the key points and more importantly try and make your letter read well. I like to read something which stands out in some way from the bog standard formula letter.