1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Persil ad with Kirsty Allsop

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cosmos, Jul 11, 2011.

1. I absolutely have to have her dress - I love it - I can see me wearing it.....not that I ever wear a dress but I want it! Does anyone know where I can get a dress like that?

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

No but you could ask her on Twitter or Hers & Phils FB page...? lol x

3. Bah! Don't do twitter or facebook.
    I just want a dress like hers.....*sigh*

4. I hate that advert more than is completely rational... and the dress. It's trying to create some horrible 1950s perfect housewife theme and, in doing so, drags us all back about half a century. I don't want to be a perfect little housewife and Kirsty Allsop, who routinely irritates me by setting herself up as some kind of Alpha PTA Mummy, does no one any favours by purveying this kind of insidious, sanitised bullplop which is about as close to real family life for most people as the Waltons (big sigh, rant over)

5. I just like the dress.........[​IMG]

6. I'm sure you'd look very nice in it. Just can't hear the words "Kirsty Allsop" without being angered (grr!).

7. The greeny one or the bluey one?

8. littlemissraw

[​IMG] I like her and the way she dresses... lol.
    No idea where the dress is from but looks very 'people tree' ish x

9. The bluey one.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I haven't seen the advert but cannot stand Allsop's clothes - she looks like a badly co-ordinated, scruffily dressed bag lady far too often!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

12. Yes, that one. It would probably make me look dumpy too but I really like it. I just want a dress with sleeves and a sticky out skirt. I want to look like a grownup (at 58 it's probably time). It is very me -make of that what you will.......[​IMG]

13. littlemissraw

14. That's very pretty but too young/ too short for me!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

coffeekid's yer girl for pointing you in the right direction for dresses with sticky out skirts. She's ace at that vintage look!

16. littlemissraw

I'm short so never need to worry too much about that, sorry [​IMG] probably be knee length on my short legs! lol x