1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Perry Beeches Trust being stripped of its schools

Discussion in 'Personal' started by emilystrange, Mar 28, 2016.

1. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

According to the Guardian's sources
    @Middlemarch, is the foot of your stairs busy? Bit like Picadilly Circus these days, I imagine.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

A Whitehall source said: “This shows the academy system is working, with the EFA identifying issues and regional schools commissioners intervening and rebrokering effectively, as part of a robust system of oversight.”

Yes of course it does... now go lie down and nursey will be along shortly to tuck you in.

3. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

The EFA got involved after a whistleblower alerted them. The matter of corruption wouldn't have otherwise come to light. But for the whistleblower putting a spanner in the works, the school would have remained a shining example for dodgy salesmen like this one to flog.

[​IMG]

4. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Perry Beeches 3?

What was that about academy schools retaining their individuality?

It sounds like something from a science fiction film or Soviet Russia.

5. nomad

nomad Star commenter

wanet and emilystrange like this.
  6. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

How long does this robust system of oversight take to act? Will things be any better or will another couple of million be frittered away changing signs, badges and letterheads?

delnon, guinnesspuss, cissy3 and 3 others like this.
  7. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Damnit I need to get into the stationery and signage business... either that or being an Academy lawyer...

8. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

interesting things about Liam Nolan if you google. Or follow @MichaelRosenYes on twitter.

cissy3 likes this.
  9. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

So predictable that I've been waiting here at t'foot of our stairs since this Perry Beeches thing first hit the press a while ago.

10. Middlemarch

In fact t, there's a bit in that Guardian article about the trust deleting records of 2.5 million quid' s worth of fan, such that it couldn't be audited. That's far more scandalous than paying Nolan backhanders.

11. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

There certainly are.

Many of us who live in the area will remember this from 2007.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/shamed-birmingham-headteacher-liam-nolan-72420

He was on the telly the other night (Midlands Today) and butter wouldn't melt...
    ...he said he wanted to concentrate on teaching, rather than 'business', because that's what he qualified for, and that's what he did best yada yada

Yoda- likes this.
  12. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

'Last year, Gove’s successor Nicky Morgan told school leaders that Perry Beeches was evidence that by “working together through multi-academy trusts, schools can achieve truly extraordinary outcomes”.'

They certainly can!! o_O

delnon, guinnesspuss and sabrinakat like this.
  13. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Slap on the wrist. No prosecutions as usual. It's called FRAUD.

delnon, wanet and harsh-but-fair like this.
  14. Middlemarch

Damn that predictive text on the tablet! I meant to say there's a bit in the article about the Trust deleting £2.5 million quid's worth of free school meals data, which does tend to make one speculate that there might be some sinister reason why they did it - and it's potentially far more sinister than the backhanders they've apparently been paying Liam Nolan.

bonkers 704, delnon and guinnesspuss like this.
  15. Middlemarch

That's what irks most - at the moment, Nolan is keeping his job, too.

16. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Good thread but should it be moved to education news?

17. Andy_91

Andy_91 New commenter

I seem to remember discussions where the Tory plants (Mick Travis??) denied that profit taking and skimming would happen. Similarly with housing and that little ***** jaxx whatever who thought welfare reforms would drive down rents. What a bunch of low-life creeps.

18. Andy_91

Andy_91 New commenter

Apparently I'm a new commenter. Along with blazer I'm probably their oldest. Has there been some sort of North Korean rewriting going on here. Oh well, back to Twitter.

19. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

They base 'new' on how any 'likes' you have ... not quite sure how popularity relates to duration...

20. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

How was it ever possible for someone at the DfE to agree to Nolan being CEO, Head Teacher and Accounting Officer?

lanokia and wanet like this.