1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Periods

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by lovestrawbarries, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Hi ladies,
    Back for advice again, my LO is almost one and my cycle has always been extremely regular 28 day cycles. Had my first cycle when LO 4 weeks old after the birth.
    Now missed a cycle completely in April and now missed June too. Starting to get a bit concerned about it as I have read that lack of cycle usually means no ovulation if, of course pregnency is not the cause. I know it's not that as we have been very careful.
    Really would like to know if anyone else has experienced this? Really hoping it's not that I have stopped ovulating as hubby and I both want more babies.

Thank you
    Strawbs

2. Hi ladies,
    Back for advice again, my LO is almost one and my cycle has always been extremely regular 28 day cycles. Had my first cycle when LO 4 weeks old after the birth.
    Now missed a cycle completely in April and now missed June too. Starting to get a bit concerned about it as I have read that lack of cycle usually means no ovulation if, of course pregnency is not the cause. I know it's not that as we have been very careful.
    Really would like to know if anyone else has experienced this? Really hoping it's not that I have stopped ovulating as hubby and I both want more babies.

Thank you
    Strawbs

3. You should try raw oysters. They worked for me.

4. Hello,
    I've only got anecdotal evidence but I had my first period 6 months after birth, 28 days later had my next one, now am two weeks late (done two pg tests both negative) so I don't know what is going on either. I think it takes a while to get back to normal, and you had your first period very soon after birth so your hormones are probably sorting themselves out!

5. Trust me on this. Get hold of Siberian oysters and you will be fine.