1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Period question; is this normal?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by found nemo, Feb 22, 2011.

1. One for the ladies!
    The last few months, I have had 'back to front periods', ie a few days of very, very light flow (barely anything) followed by two days of heavier flow then abrupt stop. This is the reverse pattern to the last 25 years! Still regular and this MAY have started after I took norethisterone to delay a period at the end of last year (or be entirely coincidental).
    I haven't been too bothered but wonder if it's worth getting checked out by GP? Any one else had this? (By the way, not on oral contraceptives or any other hormones).

2. One for the ladies!
    The last few months, I have had 'back to front periods', ie a few days of very, very light flow (barely anything) followed by two days of heavier flow then abrupt stop. This is the reverse pattern to the last 25 years! Still regular and this MAY have started after I took norethisterone to delay a period at the end of last year (or be entirely coincidental).
    I haven't been too bothered but wonder if it's worth getting checked out by GP? Any one else had this? (By the way, not on oral contraceptives or any other hormones).

3. Mine have always been like this.

4. Mine were always immediate flooding for days followed by gradual tailing off. Since taking HRT however, they've changed to the way you describe. As norethisterone is a component of the one I'm on, perhaps there is a link. But your GP's opinion would be worth more than mine!

5. Thanks. Have already made an appointment for Friday (God bless my surgery and their amazing online booking system!).