1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Peri teacher handbook

Discussion in 'Music' started by tolusanya, Jun 28, 2017.

1. tolusanya

tolusanya New commenter

Hello,
    Does anyone have a handbook or agreement for Peripatetic teachers they are willing to share?
    thank you

2. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

@tolusanya Do you have anything to work from or is the canvas blank?

Are your peripatetic teachers self-employed, employed by the school or from a music service?

How your system is organised and set up may determine what you can require/request.

3. tolusanya

tolusanya New commenter

Hello @ViolaClef,
    Thanks for your reply, blank canvas unfortunately.
    Our peri teachers are self employed, they set their own charges, etc. Our only involvement is use of our facilities and access to our students. I need some form of code of conduct/do and don't.
    thanks

4. muso2

muso2 Occasional commenter Community helper

I did a two page 'useful information' sheet for ours a while back. Some were music service and some employed directly. Mine was mostly clarifying the times of the school day and breaks, what to do with demands for lesson swaps, how to follow up missed lessons, notice period for students giving up, etc. I also gave them a copy of the t&c letter given to students starting lessons. Wasn't that onerous, just information that I realised would be useful for new and established tutors. The content may differ from school to school.

5. happyhands

happyhands New commenter

Hello.
    I have a Visiting Music Teacher handbook which is quite comprehensive and has grown over the years. It contains safeguarding, and fire and H&S guidelines along with our expectations and what to do in the case of illness and even suggests dress code etc. I moved to the private sector just over a year ago and also now use a generic Consultancy Agreement document used by a lot of independent schools which was sourced by HR. Happy to let you have the handbook.

6. tolusanya

tolusanya New commenter

thank you, that would be great. My email address is tolusanya@townleygrammar.org.uk

7. Hello,

If you could possibly share with me (jpinazza@radnorhouse.org) also, I would really appreciate it. I am currently working on a similar document for our staff. Happy to share what I've done if helpful to anyone.

Many thanks in advance,

Jesse