1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Perfume

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Jan 13, 2011.

1. I love perfume and wear it every day. I have day and night ones, but if going out at night but not showering beforehand (cos I had one in the morning, I'm not a tramp) I'll respritz the day perfume so as to not have mixed up scents. Love Coco Mademoiselle and Jo Malone's Pomegranate Noir (but can't afford Ms Malone). I think it's weird that people pick perfumes to give as gifts as it's such a personal choice. OH bvought me some duty free Chloe because he knew my favourite one began with a C.

An ex colleague had lost her sense of smell and taste in the 70's and still sprays on Youth Dew very liberally as that was the scent she loved then. She also constantly eats extra strong mints because she's paranoid she'd have bad breath.

2. Well, it is fine if you know what they like [​IMG]
    I bought my colleague a bottle of S.Oliver Superior as a wee treat because she drives me to work every morning. I know she wears it, so I bought her it. She was chuffed I had remembered what perfume she wears [​IMG]

3. Youth Dew yeuch

4. Thanks I have a 90ml bottle on the way!
    I think Lovely is...er....lovely. I wore it on my wedding day as the fragrance seems to last and I always receive compliments on how lovely I smell.
    I like L'Eau D'Issey but prefer the lighter summer version, the same with Jean Paul Gautier (sp?). Clinique Happy is pretty but I cannot stand the earthy smell of Aromatics. All Clarins perfumes are beautiful too. Love Burberry Weekend too.
    Chloe Narcisse/Armani Gio/Dune evoke memories of when I first started going out. Elizabeth Arden's Blue Grass reminds me of my Nan...I love that smell.

5. Wee bottle? I thought for a moment you meant a sample bottle.
    Oh dear, I was just about to say I love Clinique Aromatics. I wear it a lot. People puke when I go by?

6. Only me! It really does make my stomach turn, sorry [​IMG]

7. I know Burberry is a brand that ended up associated with chavs, but i reallty like the men's after-shave!

8. joli2

joli2 New commenter

In answer to Lily earlier - no I don't like many smells - I'm very fussy about body lotion for the same reason.
    Now even those of you who love perfume tell tales of colleagues walking past and making you want to 'puke' because of the smell, how can you not consider you might do the same to someone else?

9. What makes you think I haven't?
    I don't plaster it on - and I am quite aware that many will not like Coco de Chanel.
    Just as I like my perfume, others will like theirs.
    I haven't called for a ban on perfumes I do not personally like.

10. joli2

joli2 New commenter

? I don't understand this response. I didn't suggest you did, I just wondered at the many who wear perfume every day not considering it's effect on others. What is light usage to you can still smell strong to others.
    Still,I'm lucky no-one I work with wears perfume - otherwise I'll be wearing a peg if we ever meet, or maybe just drench myself in coco [​IMG]

11. I have about 5 perfumes (Gucci by Gucci, Angel, Lacoste Touch of Pink, D&G Light Blue and a Ted Baker one), but I only ever wear them if I'm going out. Maybe because they are all ones that I have been given, rather than chosen for myself.
    My favourite perfume is Dior Adict 2, which I used to wear every day. But I've told myself that I'm not allowed to buy any more until I use up some of the ones I've got. But I never wear them...
    Hmmm... new year resolution, inspired by the lovely and obviously glamorous ladies on this thread... pick one for day time and wear it every day!

12. Victoria Plum

Victoria Plum New commenter

I always have a spray of Chanel Chance Eau de Tendre when I go into Boots because I love the smell but it is just a teeny bit out of my price range for perfume... I once wandered into WHSmith not long after putting some on and the nice fella on the counter said to me as I was paying for my books "I hope you don't mind me saying but you smell lovely!" I didn't at all and skipped out of the shop with a big smile on my face!!

13. In that case I'd be chuffed to bits! I mean people who buy you something because they like it. I have about 4 of those DKNY green apples knocking about my dresser!

14. That would make my day!

15. One of the BSWs wafted past me at school and I said "Ooooh you smell lovely! What is it?"
    He looked slightly alarmed and has been a bit nervous around me ever since. Turned out it was Chanel Allure shower gel that had been part of a set he got for Christmas. I liked it so much I got the kids to buy it for Mr L.

16. Love the smell of Allure on MrC _ a vast improvement on one scent (I'll remember the name eventually) that smelled just like elastoplast.

17. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Oh, forgot this one before: Versace Versense. Love it.

18. I had to resurrect this thread - today I popped into Jenners, had a wee sniff of a perfume called White Bergamot by Berkley Square, and decided I need it. It's absolutely gorgeous (for me - I know we all have different smell preferences)

But really - if you like bergamot, you'd love this. I also had a spray of a bergamot Aqua de Parma, but at £95 a bottle, I didn't consider buying it... well, not this time.

19. anon468

anon468 New commenter

OoooOOOOOoooHHHhhh Jenners!!
    There's posh. [​IMG]

20. That's me, baybee.

Some people talk it, but I actually walk it.