1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Performance Poetry for Every Age-Group

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by JosieWhitehead, Mar 12, 2012.

1. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Lead commenter

I've written 900 new poems and they are written with rhyme, rhythm and often stories. I have used a variety of rhythms to change the mood of the poem. These poems are all excellent as performance poems, but some are very vibrant with rhythms that will cause students to want to dance or click their fingers. If you Google JOSIE'S POEMS you will come to these poems and can I suggest you try: "Rhythm, Rhythm, Rhythm." Go to the Performance Poetry Index: For a short poem "Don't Tango with a Mango" is also lots of fun. It's World Poetry Day on 21 March. Do a special performance for your school assembly to commemorate this special day, or I would be happy to skype into your classroom to say "hello". See website for details.

2. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Lead commenter

I've written 900 new poems and they are written with rhyme, rhythm and often stories. I have used a variety of rhythms to change the mood of the poem. These poems are all excellent as performance poems, but some are very vibrant with rhythms that will cause students to want to dance or click their fingers. If you Google JOSIE'S POEMS you will come to these poems and can I suggest you try: "Rhythm, Rhythm, Rhythm." Go to the Performance Poetry Index: For a short poem "Don't Tango with a Mango" is also lots of fun. It's World Poetry Day on 21 March. Do a special performance for your school assembly to commemorate this special day, or I would be happy to skype into your classroom to say "hello". See website for details.