1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Performance Managment Review

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by Sparklesocks, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I have been in my new school since September in my first post as a deputy. I have my performance managment termly review on Friday and I am concerned over one of the targets that my head set me. It was related to my time managment, to make sure that I didn't bring marking and other school work home as much.

When my time managment was mentioned I was so dumb-founded because it is one of the skills that I thought was I excellent with. I like everything to be done and finished, so I do tend to do some work at home, maybe 2 hours 3 nights a week, and then 3 hours at the weekend. I never really feel overally stressed with my workload, hense my shock when it was mentioned.

I am not sure how to address my concerns over this target with my head - any advice would be great. Thanks

2. Hi all,
    I have been in my new school since September in my first post as a deputy. I have my performance managment termly review on Friday and I am concerned over one of the targets that my head set me. It was related to my time managment, to make sure that I didn't bring marking and other school work home as much.

When my time managment was mentioned I was so dumb-founded because it is one of the skills that I thought was I excellent with. I like everything to be done and finished, so I do tend to do some work at home, maybe 2 hours 3 nights a week, and then 3 hours at the weekend. I never really feel overally stressed with my workload, hense my shock when it was mentioned.

I am not sure how to address my concerns over this target with my head - any advice would be great. Thanks

3. DM

DM New commenter

What are you complaining about? Just carry on doing exactly what you were doing and at the end of the cycle thank the Head for improving your work-life balance. Everyone's happy and that performance management target is in the bag.

4. I am not complaining, I am trying to figure out how I can say that I don't agree with the target. My head think as I do too much work, I have not changed anything and don't plan to - I need to make sure that I finish everything!

5. Sorry that should say that my head thinks that I do too much work.......