1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Performance management

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sulas, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Can anyone tell me what happens to PM when you change schools mid year? My targets have been set - directly linked to my class and the school. Now i am leaving to begin a new job in Jan - what happens to PM as my targets will be meaningless?

2. Can anyone tell me what happens to PM when you change schools mid year? My targets have been set - directly linked to my class and the school. Now i am leaving to begin a new job in Jan - what happens to PM as my targets will be meaningless?

3. When this has happened in my school I have set new targets with the staff member but made them realistic for 2 terms so that they are reviewed in line with the whole school.

4. Thanks OperaDiva, i did wonder if that was the case but thought that would put me out of sync with everyone else.
    Hopefully this will happen then so i don't lose my PM for the year.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Unless you want to move to the next UPS this year or next, it matters not a jot if you do lose PM for this year.

If you need PM for this year then ask your new school to set targets, etc as soon as you get there. If you don't need them for threshold progression then just sit tight and hope no-one notices.

6. My UPS application this year has been such a farce with the new head - i have been told i need to produce evidence despite the head last year leaving instructions that i should go through. so hey ho looks like i might need PM this year.