1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Performance management.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by essentiallyprincess, Apr 14, 2011.

1. essentiallyprincess

essentiallyprincess New commenter

Thanks for your responses. It is very helpful. Seems if I am reading correctly that it can completely change depending on the school.

2. greta444

greta444 New commenter

As an NQT, you won't have 'performance management' as such. You will have targets given to you/agreed with mentor to meet during your first year. Your mentor will monitor these. For the next two years, you will have targets relaated to Early Professional Development (E.P.D.) which again, will be monitored by your mentor. After this, performance management starts in your fourth year of teaching.

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Not in my school!

4. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Mine started in my second year. NQT year had the targets to pass then after that you are the same as everyone else.

5. Mine started in second year (as did everyone else who I know!). We even had an NQT meeting towards the end of the NQT year to prepare us for the performance management cycle which starts in the second year of teaching.

6. Milgod

I couldn't think of anything worse than having a mentor for four years!

7. greta444

greta444 New commenter

I am writing from Wales. You obviously don't know any Welsh people.

8. Milgod

I know plenty of Welsh people thanks.

9. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Then ask them about EPD. And yes, having a mentor for all those years is a right pain in the ar*se, especially when you're raring to get on with your career.

10. Hi, at our school we are graded using the Ofsted criteria and one of our targets that we have is to get 'good' lesson observations. Not good if we only get a satisfactory especially at the beginning of the year ?