1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

performance management observation + unsatisfactory

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by pili pala, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Help I have just had my performance management obs. I work in one of 4 Special Teaching Facilities in a primary school. I have a KS2 class and the children have a range of SEN some working at low Pscale 5 level up to NC level 2a. Out of the 4 STF classes I am the only one observed by the deputy head (the other 3 SEN classes are observed by the SENCO) the appraiser generally goes out of his way to make my life miserable but appears "sweetly nice" to me, you know the 'I'm your best friend' type. Anyway he has no SEN experience and has slated my lesson, giving me a unsatisfactory grade. Many people have observed me in the past and I always got good. I have very good staff and they thought the lesson was very good.. It was differentiated to 4 levels.

The staff have been told that with the cut backs we will lose a teacher next year. I have not signed the feedback form yet. Please could anyone give me advice on what to do.

2. 25975

25975 New commenter

Sounds dreadful. I feel for you. Hope someone can come up with good advice.

June.

3. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

It may well be too late by now but is there room for your comments on the form? If I were you, I would use this space to try and address any specific criticisms of your lesson. Also, ask the deputy how they feel you could have improved your lesson. I did this years ago when I felt I had been marked too harshly on a specific area. When the deputy said they couldn't think of anything, I insisted that he amend my grade. Dependent on how things work in your school, I would be tempted to speak to the SENCO and/or the Head, explaining your concerns and the you significantly disagree with the deputy's assessment. Good luck!