1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Performance Management and Threshold

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by sakura_06, Jan 12, 2011.

1. I'm hoping someone can help me. My school is yet to start the Performance Management cycle for the year 2010-11. I got in touch with my PM reviewer for the last cycle in Decmeber who said the new management have not drawn up a policy yet. Does anyone please know:
    1. Is it a statuatory obligation for schools to run the cycle October-October?
    2. How will this affect me if my school have completed no PM and I want to move to a different school? I am currently on M5, so I will need the evidence of this cycle to pass through threshold.
    3. Are there any other ways to pass through threshold? Can you submit the old style evidence?
    4. If you have Maternity Leave in the middle of the M5 and M6 years, does this count against you in your Threshold application?
    Thanks in anticipation.

2. It's a legal requirement of schools. "PM forms the basis of decisions about pay & career progressions... including decisions about progression through the threshold to the upper pay scale" (From the TDA website)