1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Performance Management and moving to a new school.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kjkmcc1989, Jul 21, 2016.

1. kjkmcc1989

kjkmcc1989 New commenter

Okay so i had my PM yesterday and i wasnt really surprised to find out my head wouldnt recommend i go up a pay scale. Ive not had a brilliant year tbh so it wasn't a shock.

However, i now have a new job starting in september in a new LA so, does what my head say still stand? My new school have said in my offer letter that my pay will increase, but quite honestly i don't want to ask various people incase it doesn't!

Just after some advice really!

Thanks!

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

You need to ask and find out.
    OR
    You just wait and see what your payslip says in September.

I am a big fan of 'bury your head in the sand and see what happens' which is fine for situations were all goes well and you get the pay rise you want. However if there is a problem with pay then, the advice will be that you should have checked now.

Maybe email your new head and say you are using the summer to get finances in order so just want to double check what the planned pay actually is. Give what your salary is now and quote from your offer the part about an increase. Then wait for a response.

Asking people won't change the pay!

3. Cervinia

Cervinia Occasional commenter

There are no pay scales any more.

You've agreed a contract with your new school. Is it anything to do with your present head?

4. kjkmcc1989

kjkmcc1989 New commenter

No, my current head isn't involved with my new school. And she said i dont need to show my new school my Performance management so i don't think i will.

Thanks guys