1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Performance in Museums and Galleries - please help with my MA research

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Catwoman, Jun 25, 2012.

1. I am a museum educator, currently studying for an MA in Learning & Visitor Studies in Museums and Galleries and am undertaking research for my dissertation ?Performance in Museums and Galleries ? Does it Educate or Entertain??. This research seeks to develop a better understanding of how different types of performance are used in museums and galleries and how effective they are as a learning medium. Performance here includes role play, first person and third person presentations and scripted performances.

Through this questionnaire I hope to find out how informative and engaging you found such visits to be for your group. I am asking teachers who have taken parties to performance based workshops to spend approximately 10/15 minutes filling in this questionnaire. The outcomes of this survey will be presented in my dissertation for the MA Learning and Visitor Studies in Museums and Galleries for the University of Leicester.

Now for the formal bit .....

Please note that your responses will be fully anonymised, and no identification information will be gathered.
    Any details you provide that might be used to identify people, places or situations will be suitably modified to protect your and others? identities.
    Please note that by completing the questionnaire, you agree that: Your responses are interpreted and used for the purposes stated above -
    Any presentation of your responses will be fully anonymised -
    Given that responses will be anonymised and I will not have access to your individual responses, it may not be possible to withdraw from the study once you have completed the questionnaire.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MH9FT92

Thank you for your help. Jan Ibberson

2. gilly33

gilly33 New commenter

Catwoman, I can't help with questionnaire, but just wanted to say what a fantastic dissertation. As a graduate in Leisure and Tourism Management,PGCE and Director of a Music/Entertainment LTD Co, I would be very interested in your results. A small criticism with your title. I don't understand if you are asking if performance both educates and entertains or as separate entities. It may be me, but your title could be vague. Please come back and let me know how you got on pm me if you like.
    Good Luck.

3. Thank gilly, it's making interesting reading so far. I agree that my title might still be vague - it could well change, I'm sort of waiting to find out where it takes me, if that makes sense. I'm not having much luck with the questionnaire though - no replies so far! I'll try it on the Primary forum, something was wrong with the site the other night when I posted, it wasn't accepting posts on some boards and the ones which were accepted were put up en bloc with no paragraphs or new lines.