1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Perfect Friday night?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Mrs_Frog, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Mrs_Frog

Mrs_Frog New commenter

What is your perfect Friday night? Before MrL turned up, mine consisted of laundry, something magic for dinner and a glass or 2 of red, comfies on, snuggled under a blanket for rubbish, easy watching TV and then an early night!
    MrL likes to go out on a Friday, and then chill rest of weekend....Its a good plan but really, planning is about as far as I can get!
    Unless its the end of term......

2. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

Zumba.
    Gardener's World.
    Take-away curry.
    Bottle of red!
    Graham Norton.

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Me and Mrs MSB, curry, lager, a good movie, and preferably at the end of the summer term.

4. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Well, if I can magically have a partner.......Curry, Can of Red Stripe, Ben and Jerrys Icecream,, DVD and and early night for some 'special snuggles'
    As I live alone, it is as above, but the early night is with my Kindle (which does many wonderful thing but not the snuggles!)

5. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

With other half: Pub, beer, meal out, bottle of red, good film, beer, home, bed.
    On a special occasion with other half: Nice restaraunt, cocktails, home, bed
    If I'm sociable add some friends.
    In summer : back from work, stuff in car (inclduing family), drive to coast, chips and slot machines, beer, bed.

I see a pattern emerging.

6. Down the pub for a couple of decent beers (TT landlord if you must know).
    Back home - may share a bottle of red with OH.
    Pass out in front of telly.
    Wake up about 3 a.m.
    Stagger up to bed.

(Well that's more of a typical Friday night than a perfect one - as, sadly, Kate Winslet doesn't seem to get in my local).

7. Me too! I love Fridays but by 9pm I'm usually asleep on the sofa, yawn yawn! Teaching is just so exhausting.

8. * A stop off at Costa's on the way home for a skinny latte and a slab of millionaire's shortbread
    * ...even better with the new Private Eye
    * ...and/or the new Viz!
    * The News Quiz or The Now Show on Radio 4 at half 6
    * a footer on the computer when I get home
    * something ready-made and delicious to eat appears magically in my fridge
    * listening to Any Questions? on the radio at 8 as I take a long soak in the bath
    * remembering all evening that I don't have to get up early tomorrow
    * enjoying the delicious feeling of letting it all hang out.