1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

People would think I were strange if they knew....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dominant_tonic, Aug 7, 2011.

1. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

... that I have just finished attaching my collection of 20 odd teddies (some priceless childhood ones, some more recent sentimental ones) to my bedroom wall in a little hammock (old brown fitted sheet). [​IMG]
    Okay so I am 32, but in my defense I am single so no-one else needs to worry about them, and they look really sweet. Excellent storage, frees up a flat surface.

2. dominant_tonic

... that I have just finished attaching my collection of 20 odd teddies (some priceless childhood ones, some more recent sentimental ones) to my bedroom wall in a little hammock (old brown fitted sheet). [​IMG]
    Okay so I am 32, but in my defense I am single so no-one else needs to worry about them, and they look really sweet. Excellent storage, frees up a flat surface.

3. mmmmmaths

mmmmmaths New commenter

Curious, are you male or female?

4. Oh dear, am narked with self that it would make a fluffylol/Stephen Fry kinda difference.
    Defence requires a C unless you are an American football player.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

It takes all sorts, I suppose.

6. I feel I should suggest to you that you take those teddies down and stuff them in the wardrobe if you bring a man home.

7. anon468

anon468 New commenter

8. dominant_tonic

Thank you manashee and sea-pink! ;-)
    Coffeekid, indeedy. Pre-planned for easy take down, but atm seem to be in a very dry spell so not a concern.[​IMG]
    Lilyofthefield - indeed you are right, good of you to point it out. I can't remeber exactly, but wasn;t it you that called me a snob or something similar when I said I couldn't wait to get back to using British English instead of American English? If not, apologies.
    Well, this thread didn't quite work - I thought it could just be a light hearted attempt at a thread as people are saying it is slow and dead here, to which people could contribute their own daft things.
    Finally, to whichever poster said they couldn't see why it matters, (oh for a forum where you can see the names of those who have posted, instead of sounding permanently rude when trying to reply), it doesn't matter. Not a tosh. Just thought it might be a fun thread, but obviously not and is just another of those that will fall into the abyss.
    It got a few replies, so not totally dead :)

9. I wouldn't worry. I once started a thread moaning about broken biscuits and had some cat's bum response from someone who informed me there were 'people out there with real problems', haha.

10. anon468

anon468 New commenter

It's a very slow Sunday, DT. I thought the grotty weather would stimulate a bit more traffic, but it appears not.
    I'm procrastinating taking the beast out in the 2nd day of p*shing rain and permanent darkness that we seem to be enjoying at the moment.
    p.s. We are surrounded by a host of daft, squeaky cuddly toys in this house, but they all belong to madam in the avatar. The latest addition to the 'range' is a hideous, squeaky, orange space hopper that she is torturing me with as I type... (thanks, husband [​IMG]).

11. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I have my one childhood bear still sat on the dressing table. He was falling to bits so this old worn head is sticking out of a new body that was fashioned to keep him today. Looks freaky but holds lots of memories!
    The only other bear I have is a great big one holding a love heart that Mr BS bought for me before I made it clear that it wasn't to my taste. The dogs keep stealing it so I'll probably find it with the head ripped off before too long. That would be messy to clear up but would give me an excuse to get rid!

12. I used to have one of those aswell DT. It was a special made hammock which attached on hooks, above my bed.
    All well and good until one of the hooks decided it had had enough because I had over filled it and all the soft toys fell on me in the middle of the night, scared the living day lights out of me!
    My mother recently bought me a Charlie bear as a moving home gift?!?! and got annoyed with me when I put it in a box to move because "it would hurt the teddies feelings and he is scared of the dark...."

13. It didn't die at all by TES Sunday summer holiday standards. I have considerd my motives and they fall into "categorising". Female over hte age of 12 who has a teddy collection = sad and/or manless. Man ditto = gay, and I can quote two examples.
    Don't care much either way but a gender change in either case would adjust my presumptions.

14. I always remove the squeak. I'm a bit heartless that way. ]:)

15. I didn't have a proper teddy of my own when I was a child but my gran let me cuddle hers. It's only about 8 inches high, is quite hard (stuffed with straw I think) and is now sitting on my bedside table. I really love that bear. It must be at least 100 years old (it wasn't a new bear when my gran was given it) and a bit threadbare.
    I would probably die from the amount of riducule my husband would give me if I attempted to put it in a hammock though!

16. I do have a couple of old cuddly toys but they are stuffed under the bed or locked in a wardrobe. I would not want them to see any ahem bedroom action - it might scar them for life! [​IMG]

17. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

I have a Chad Valley teddy I was given by my parents when I was about 4 - it was bigger than me then and so didn't get worn out by being stuffed into bed with me. My brother pulled the eyes out many years ago, but I had it repaired when I worked Saturdays in a toy shop. It's been in storage for a while and I'm hoping to bring it out when we move house soon, but where to put it.......... [​IMG]

18. zannar

zannar New commenter

I have a Guiness Toucan I bought in the 80's on my bedside table. My husband's childhood teddy, minus eyes, ears, arms and legs(yes it looks like an extra from a horror movie) is packed away........somwhere. [​IMG]

19. I've got a collection of teddy bears and cuddly toys, many going back to childhood. At this moment in time they are in a plastic box, but in my last house, I had them propped above my window in my study. I can't bring myself to throw them out...... I know they're not "real" ....but I couldn't bear to see their little eyes staring up at me from the bin.... yes I'm sad..... [​IMG]