1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

People who know about Android phones

Discussion in 'Personal' started by morning star, Feb 4, 2012.

1. morning star

morning star New commenter

Have just bought a Samsung Galaxy Mini. I told the sales assistant that I wanted to use iPlayer. When I got home I went on the iPlayer site which said that I needed to download Flash so I clicked on the link to be told that it wasn't compatible with my device.
    So, are there any sneaky ways that I can get iPlayer on my phone or do I have to buy something more expensive?

2. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

Galaxy Mini doesn't support flash so therefore iplayer won't work. If you google it then apparently you can root the phone then download a flash player.
    If you specifically mentioned iplayer to the salesperson then they clearly don't know much as they should have told you it wasn't compatible - a possible case of mis-selling.

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

And therefore you should be able to return it... Is there not an app for it? iPhones don't support flash but I have iPlayer... x

4. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

5. colpee

colpee Star commenter

The phone does not have Flash support because it doesn't have the processing power to use functions like iplayer effectively. Upgrading the OS may help but don't expect a great experience.