1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

People Who Help Us book ideas??

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by lemonyk, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Hi
    We are starting a new topic of people who help us after half term and I am looking for books both fiction and non-fiction that can be used. I have found a few but was wondering if any one has any good ones that they have used?
    We are looking at people who help us at school, firemen, police, vets, doctors/nurses. It is mainly people who help us at school that is causing me problems!

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you :)

2. Hi
    We are starting a new topic of people who help us after half term and I am looking for books both fiction and non-fiction that can be used. I have found a few but was wondering if any one has any good ones that they have used?
    We are looking at people who help us at school, firemen, police, vets, doctors/nurses. It is mainly people who help us at school that is causing me problems!

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you :)

3. we made our own non fiction book by going round school and taking photos of everyone and writing our own sentences about the jobs they do and how they help us.

4. I can't think of any books about caretakers, cleaners etc. But have you considered asking them into the classroom to talk to the children about their jobs? You could have an interesting question and answer session which would support speaking and listening skills and maybe do some role play and writing afterwards.

5. not sure if they still do it but british telecom used to produce a fantastic resource pack called people who help us i used mine to death! might be worth looking at their. website