1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pentagon Structure for den in classroom

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Dori, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    a couple of years ago I was searching the net for ideas that would enhance a primary school classroom, providing opportunities to develop themes allow children to work inside a dome shape structure. I followed numerous threads and found one what can best be described as a pentagon structure. 5 triangles made of 1.5m length of bamboo with two cains attached to either side. It was brilliant and has been a part of my classroom ever since I found the idea.Unfortunately I can't find the instructions for a friend.
    If anyone knows of where I could retreive the origional instructions of how to make one again, please could you let me know. Every class should have one!
    thanks

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

How to Make a Pentagon Den

You will need;

25 bamboo canes (approx 1.5m long although any length will do)

A drill with a drill bit small enough to drill a hole through the ends of the canes, but big enough to fit…

…Garden wire or unfolded paperclips

Tent pegs if you want to secure the pentagon to the ground

Time and patience!!

You may want to make a mini pentagon den using straws or art straws first.

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I think it's from the FSF site originally

4. Great link :D

5. Thank you for searching this link is really interesting, for the children too (!) I will also look of the FSF.
    D x

6. Msz I found it ! Hurray :) you were right it was on the fsf. Here's to another pentagon adventure with my EYFS explorers. I'm liking the link to space aswell.
    D x