1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pensions

Discussion in 'Personal' started by oldsomeman, Feb 19, 2011.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Im asking here as i get better response
    I have looked at the teacher pension site but cant ring them till Monday
    I am already retired but due some small pensions soon as i reach 65 , from other emplyments.
    Are these transferable in the TPA so as to add to the pot?..............the amount ill get if i take an anuuity will be fairly small and i wondered if its easier to tip it into the big pot?

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Im asking here as i get better response
    I have looked at the teacher pension site but cant ring them till Monday
    I am already retired but due some small pensions soon as i reach 65 , from other emplyments.
    Are these transferable in the TPA so as to add to the pot?..............the amount ill get if i take an anuuity will be fairly small and i wondered if its easier to tip it into the big pot?

3. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

I may be wrong Oldy, but my TPS rep said it was not worth the while. If I had been a lot younger, things would have been different.

4. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

I thought you could only bring other pensions into the TPS within your first year as a member.

5. you are welcome to drop my IFA husband an email - I am sure he will be able to tell you (FOC)
    info@zenfinancial.net
    www.zenfinancial.net