1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pensions petition

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by les25paul, Feb 12, 2012.

1. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

Its interesting to see how many teachers have signed this petition to saveguard their pensions yet seem unconcerned about protecting their professional status by signing historygrump's petition.
    http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29103
    In words taken from Dad's Army, "We are all doomed"

2. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

Its interesting to see how many teachers have signed this petition to saveguard their pensions yet seem unconcerned about protecting their professional status by signing historygrump's petition.
    http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29103
    In words taken from Dad's Army, "We are all doomed"

3. Exactly.
    I actually ripped mine up.
    May I remind all supply teachers to fill in the NASUWT supply teachers survey/questionnaire which they should have received and say their bit about the current sit. Not sure what it will achieve, but a collective voice is a collective voice and the unions are there to represent us too!
    I would like to see LEA supply pools reinstated so we actually get pension deds and sick pay sick as fellow valued professionals. And school guidelines for the employment of supply teachers so that we are given access to training and prof. dev. And treated as equals!!!
    The agencies are ruling the roost. From what I am reading on this forum- they are bending the rules and reinventing the wheel! It's all become very wishy washy, but the supply teacher is at the bottom of the pack.
    No qualified teacher should have to go in and do a day's work for cover supervisor money or for nowt! I have always refused this and yes, I know times are hard, but I'll be ******** if I am going to go in as a teacher for a CS wage! I am a teacher. End of.
    The unions need to address this.It is quite shocking that things have been allowed to go on like this for so long!
    We are lining their pockets (agencies and unions) and they are tossing us the odd half crumb. Now and again it seems.

4. What's that old saying again? First they came for the lefthanded lesbian trombonists, but I was not one, so I said nothing, then they came for the one-legged blind pianists, but I wasn't one, so I said nothing. In the end, the music stopped, so I pulled my head out of the trough and saw a big, smelly giant, unzipping himself.

Or something like that. Our contracted chums and their unions are very good at protecting their own heads in the trough. Ignore the bigger picture at your peril, I reckon.