1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pensions online!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by Lizzyr123, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Lizzyr123

Lizzyr123 New commenter

Is it me or do others find this website useless?
    I can't apply for my pension online as there is an inaccuracy in my service history but I can't find where to print a form to fill in manually.
    I have been on the phone for 97 minutes today to them I have been cut off three times twice when I have got to the top of the queue.
    Feeling very annoyed and frustrated.
    Rant over!!!

plot71 and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  2. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Yes they are useless. I have recently had a communication from them saying that they were sorry that I was leaving the Teachers Pension scheme and that I should think about what I was going to do with my pension.

I wrote back confirming that I had retired and that they were paying me a pension each month.

Piranha, bevdex, sally90 and 3 others like this.
  3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

You couldn't 'make it up!' :rolleyes:

bevdex and plot71 like this.
  4. freckle06

freckle06 Established commenter

I had gaps and it was up to my previous employers to sort it out (they have forms they can fill it) - is it worth contacting them? Mind you, they were useless and I was in the process of complaining formally when they miraculously managed to sort it after three months of ignoring my emails. :mad:

plot71 and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  5. sci

sci New commenter

You could always ring them. The queue is 41 at the moment. Always longer during holidays.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. Lizzyr123

Lizzyr123 New commenter

All sorted! Yea! Got on the phone at 8.30 and was 56 in line but only took 40 minutes to get through.
    Feeling much better now. I am carrying on teaching after a one day break in contract but have reservations about setting up a new pension I don't think I can be bothered with the hassle.

7. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

There is no hassle in contributing to a new teacher’s pension as you will automatically be opted in. It will be more hassle to opt out. I suppose there could be a little hassle later in claiming it.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  8. sally90

sally90 Occasional commenter

9. sally90

sally90 Occasional commenter

I got one of those too! I ignored it as I assumed they'd gone a bit daft:oops: It was just a few days ago.I checked that everything was OK in my 'Members'Hub' bit.Should I send them a message do you think?

10. the hippo

the hippo Established commenter Community helper

I have always found TPS very good at replying to letters, although they do take a while to respond. Yes, the TPS website is tiresome and confusing.

sophrysyne and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  11. thistledoo

thistledoo Senior commenter

I haven't had any problems with the TP website or with TP... until recently.
    I now owe the HMRC tax for several months. My tax code was/ is correct but TP didn't pay any tax.
    My fault for not checking my pension statement on line, I know but who pays zero tax usually/ normally? My first and second paper statement was okay, so was lulled into a false sense security.
    Today I couldn't get on the website. I was 20th in the queue.

Lesson learned. Regularly check pension statement online!

12. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

I got an email a couple of days ago apologising for sending out the “sorry you are leaving us” pack.

Would just ignore it.

13. Artworks0688

Artworks0688 New commenter

I have become so frustrated with TPS...I can't ever get through due to the queues, when I do I get conflicting advice.
    I just received a letter saying I owe them money despite not being paid my pension for months due to incorrect information about my salary. I would love to get some independent advice but don't know where to turn. Would an accountant be able to tackle them do you think?