1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pensionable pay + benefits

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Teacheri, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Teacheri

Teacheri New commenter

After speaking with the HT at my school, I'm a little confused about what is and isn't pensionable pay. Is a TLR payment pensionable? Is a recruitment and retention payment pensionable?What about where you are receiving both types of payments?
    Thanks

2. Teacheri

Teacheri New commenter

After speaking with the HT at my school, I'm a little confused about what is and isn't pensionable pay. Is a TLR payment pensionable? Is a recruitment and retention payment pensionable?What about where you are receiving both types of payments?
    Thanks

3. coppull

coppull New commenter

Yes you pay pension contributions on both of these items. You check out your Salary slip and you will see that you are paying contributions.

4. Teacheri

Teacheri New commenter

Thanks for the reply. The pay slip I get isn't very clear. Or maybe I'm not reading it very well. My worry was exacerbated by the fact that I used the 'tafkam' pay calculator and it appeared to show TLR payments as non-pensionable in the tab that gives a more detailed breakdown

5. Teacheri

Teacheri New commenter

I have just spoken to the HR person at our school, who assures me that TLR payments are pensionable but R & R payments are not. Is anyone able to direct me to some reference point so I can direct the HR person to it also?

6. There are a few payments which are not pensionable, but TRL and R&R both are. You could refer your HR person to;
    http://www.lge.gov.uk/lge/core/page.do?pageId=11237849

7. Teacheri

Teacheri New commenter

Thank you for that. I assume that such pay will automatically be used to calculate pension contributions? My school has foundation status and we are employed by the governing body.