1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pension

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by tafkam, Feb 27, 2011.

1. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

You'll be fine.

2. phlogiston

phlogiston Lead commenter

In view of some of the recent scary sounding headlines - I'm not sure that anyone can say whether pensions will be as fine in 30 years time.
    However, at the moment, TPS covers all state schools, and I believe several independent ones. So as long as you get payments made into TPS it doesn't matter where you work.
    However - things may change. No harm in additional investments for your old age if you can afford them. There could be a lot of upset - pensions could well be the big battleground in the next couple of years. At the moment it's hard to distinguish between sound and fury as opposed to real government plans. I suspect some of the "ideas" are designed to scare us so that when their real plans come out we breathe a sigh of relief.
    We should strenuously oppose plans to hand our pensions over to the insurance companies (who will make more money out of the pensions than we will).
    P

3. Trendy Art

Trendy Art Occasional commenter

Thanks for the advice!