1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pension Staw Poll

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by chipsfortea, Oct 17, 2018.

1. chipsfortea

chipsfortea New commenter

I have two questions:
    Was your pension paid on time when you first retired?
    Was the amount correct from the start?
    My answers are no and no, and 22 months later I'm still pursuing the first one concerning a missing six weeks of pension payment.

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Mine was yes and yes. I did have a tax issue but it was cleared up within a month or so. Bad luck @chipsfortea

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Yes & yes.

4. border_walker

border_walker Lead commenter

Ye and yes from me as well. ALL teachers should be registered on the TPS site so that they can check for any missing pension payments and deal with them then.

5. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

Yes and yes - absolutely no problems at all.

6. Informant

Informant New commenter

Yes to paid on time, but apparently no to correct amount. I thought it was OK, but they made a minor correction some time later.

When I was still teaching the annual statement was correct for several years year, then missing some early service the following year, then incorrectly amended the year after that. They always insisted I had to do the running to chase my employer to send the records again, despite my employer advising that their earlier data was unchanged. This went on for years until I complained to the Information Commissioners Office that they were holding incorrect personal data. Happily that fixed it.

I must add I always found them helpful on the telephone.

7. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Yes and yes. I remember the first payment being quite a lot less than expected due to it being two and a half weeks worth. The tax code changed a little two months in as well.

8. maz403

maz403 New commenter

Yes & yes

9. lucylollipop

lucylollipop Occasional commenter

Yes and yes.

10. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Yes and Yes

11. LadyForlorn

LadyForlorn New commenter

No and no.

My lump sum was delayed a few months due to ‘unforeseen human error’.

In about May this year I received a letter saying I was getting some random back pay and my monthly pension was all over the place for a few months. It seems to have settled down now.

12. ikon66

ikon66 Occasional commenter

Ditto

13. eljefeb90

eljefeb90 Senior commenter

Yes and yes. The first payment was for only part of a month. It depends when your birthday is.

border_walker likes this.
  14. chipsfortea

chipsfortea New commenter

Thanks for the replies. I was quite ill when I retired and medical delays plus TP losing a whole set of documents ran to over eight months. Finally going to court - maybe early next year.

15. baitranger

baitranger Senior commenter

Yes and yes. But it did take about a year for TP to correct an error involving missing service - but that was years before I retired.