1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pension query

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by 31101997, Apr 3, 2019.

1. 31101997

31101997 New commenter

I have recently retired and upon receiving my benefit statement I had a real shock to put it mildly! I was in formed by TP that because I broke my service that when I started teaching again I was put into another scheme. This was all a shock to me as I hadn’t been informed of this new arrangement. I would like to challenge this on the grounds that I took a career break to be a full time mum and did not break my service and should therefore have continued under my previous arrangements.

Is there any one out there who has had a similar experience or who can offer some advice? I would really appreciate any help.

Many thanks.

Julie

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Re-post/copy & paste to the Retirement Forum. It will get more expert answers there.

https://community.tes.com/forums/retirement.117/

Did you ask TPS for a pension forecast before retiring?

Have you maintained your union membership? They can advise you.

3. shevington

shevington Occasional commenter

If you paid your Union subs while you were working, then even though you have retired and are not paying subs the Union will give you help and advice. If you did not pay subs to Union try Citizens Advice Centre. Please put your query on the Pensions section, with the above link