1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pension petition.

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Cooperuk, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Cooperuk

Cooperuk Senior commenter

agathamorse likes this.
  2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Have things changed recently then?

EDIT a quick search shows me it's now due to supply being run by agencies, who are not part of TPS whereas when i was doing supply it was fortunate that the LEA ran supply. It appears the NEU is on the case too https://neu.org.uk/supply-teacher-pay-and-conditions and no doubt other unions.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    pepper5 and agathamorse like this.
  3. Oldfashioned

Oldfashioned Senior commenter

I signed this, this morning after seeing it on twitter. I hope it does some good but I'm not holding my breath.

pepper5 and agathamorse like this.
  4. greeneyes

greeneyes Occasional commenter

Only 948 signatures :(

pepper5 likes this.
  5. timson6

timson6 New commenter

If agency supply teachers are admitted to the scheme, who will pay the employers' contriubtion which is soon to be increased to 22% of salary?

agathamorse and pepper5 like this.
  6. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Like Lara my supply was through the LA and under normal teachers pay and pensions.

How will agencies pay? Well they’ll have to charge more. One of the main reasons agencies were used so much was they were cheaper for the school.

I’ve signed but I fought they can get to 100000.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  7. nearmiss

nearmiss Lead commenter

Unions and agencies themselves have approached the DfE and the TPS fund managers about access to TPS. They are debarred from using it because they are not the employer. Contributors have to be employed by a statutory service provider. The petition is asking the Government to tell agencies to use TPS, when it's the Government who have told agencies that they are automatically debarred. It's based on a fundamental misunderstanding of the situation.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.