1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pension increase 2019

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by Niges123, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Niges123

Niges123 New commenter

just a quick question. Anybody know when the 2.4% increase might appear in our pension. Thanks

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I think get my increase in May because I get paid on the 5th of the month and the increase doesn't pay out till 9th April - or something like that. If your pay day is later in the month you'll get it this month I think.

3. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

I looked mine up this morning as I get my April pay in a few days. My April payslip shows that it has gone up and the May payslip has gone up again to (I presume) the final amount. I presume that this is because my April pay will only have about ten days of increase whereas by May it will apply to the full month. As lindenlea says, the increase is applied from about the ninth.

4. ikon66

ikon66 Occasional commenter

Last time I checked the May pay went up due to new tax code. I asked about increase through their online chat and the told me about a week before I get the May’s pay

5. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

The gross figure has gone up in April and in May. The tax code change helps the net figure, too.

6. Niges123

Niges123 New commenter

Thanks all. I’ve checked my payslip info on my pension online and I will be getting my tax code increase in April but there’s no indication of the 2.4% rise so I’m assuming that must follow on in May

7. ikon66

My gross pay hasn’t as yet. Maybe it’s to do with when you get your pension. Mine’s the 4th of the month

8. Niges123

Niges123 New commenter

Like you my pension is paid on the 4th so looks like I need to be a bit more patient

ikon66 likes this.
  9. eljefeb90

eljefeb90 Senior commenter

Rest easy. I received mine on Monday (15th.). I have blown the increase on tickets to the cinema.

ikon66 and Sundaytrekker like this.
  10. ikon66

Just an FYI mine's now appeared on my payslip for payment on Star Wars day ;)

Niges123 likes this.