1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pension claim deferred

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by ColinWilson, Apr 3, 2011.

1. You can claim your teaches pension and lump sum at 60 (or a reduced one between 55-60). Just ring them up and it will get sorted, you will not be made to wait for a year !
    If you are a women and are talking about the state pension, that will not be paid untill you are around 61 if you have just turned 60.

2. I am male and 60 years old. I filled out the appropriate forms and submitted in the TP. They sent me back a letter explaining that as I was not currently employed as a teacher, my application might have to wait until I was 65, but I could resubmit after a further 12 months.

3. I had a call from my Union this morning, saying that think that TP have got it wrong. Apparently, there are some circumstances where a teacher might have to be in a teaching job when they retire, but none of them remotely apply to me. Blood pressure lowered slightly!

4. Perhaps this is a sneaky way of reducing the number of pensioners: send out alarming information to those with high blood pressure and heart disease [​IMG]

5. Thanks for replying Albert.
    One bit of good has come of it. I don't need to buy All Bran for a while!