1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Penpals for Reception to Year Six children....please!?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mgw, Jan 13, 2011.

1. mgw

mgw

Hi everyone

I'm currently leading Geography and History at an inner-city London school and am looking to develop national and international links with other schools.
    Are you aware of any penpal websites or are you and your school up for getting in contact with another school via email/letters/etc? Possibly using skype on IWB ?
    Ideally i want to find schools in other countries too. Any ideas??

Thanks everyone! [​IMG]

2. Hi,
    Have a look at international schools award.

3. I sent the TES web link to this page to a school in Alaska, where I know a teacher.

4. Hiya
    Our school uses the website EPALs. You can set up a profile and search for schools around the world. Works very well as we have all of KS2 with separate email addresses linked to the website so they can contact their own penpal. All letters are monitored by the website and you can read and check the children's work yourself before they send the letters once you have set up the filters etc.
    Hope that's of help!