1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pending secondary maths scitt interview

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by jameston11, Apr 18, 2019.

1. jameston11

jameston11 New commenter

Hi all,

Just looking for some serious advice here. I have 2 Scitt interviews for secondary maths in the next 10 days.

Both will have the format:
    Interview
    Mini teach
    English reflective statement test
    Subject knowledge test

I'm fine will all of this other than the subject knowledge test. I'm in my 30s and haven't done maths in over 10 years properly I.e. quadratic etc.

Can anyone shed light on what their subject knowledge test included on their interview day just to try and prepare myself. I've been trying to do a lot of refreshing on it and would be completing ske if offered.

Thanks all

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I would spend the weekend using BBC GCSE bitesize revision and swotting up.
    Subject knowledge is unlikely to be above GCSE level, but might have a bit of A Level, so maybe have a bit of a nose at some A Level revision sites as well, just in case.

Good luck.

3. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

well, if you are applying to teach GCSE maths, go through a GCSE maths text book and sit a few maths GCSE past papers under exam conditions, then mark them.