1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pencil pots?!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by anon333, Sep 1, 2011.

1. This is a random question, but what do you buy to keep the childrens stationary in, in the middle of the tables. I am looking for something cheap and cheerful. I was thinking of a cutlery drainer, but is there anything better?!

2. I use cleaning caddies.

3. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Established commenter

4. This is a slightly random answer but I don't find it very easy to keep the children stationary in the middle of the tables - it's easier to keep them stationary on their chairs. Sorry, my inner pedant momentarily took over!
    Assuming you're asking about stationery, I use pencil pots but they've not got much in them. Our children are pretty good at bringing their own.

5. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

year 5
    I use a pencil pot in a tray, the class (especially the maths set) that i picked up made such a bun fight of collecting whiteboards (in what is a very crowded classroom) last term that i issued sets on each table so needed trays to store them in!

6. I use the small Really Useful Boxes from staples. They're great as they're long enough to fit new pencils in and 30cm rulers, and deep enough for things like rubbers, pencil sharpeners and a glue stick (although I don't have glue sticks in mine.) The lids are really handy too for when they fall off the edge of the table - no cleaning or tidying up!

http://www.staples.co.uk/office-supplies/storage-archive-organisation/storage-boxes-plastic/really-useful-office-storage-boxes/0-3l-box-pack-of-6?r=se

7. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I use Really Useful Boxes too but only for pencils and rubbers on the table. I have another box for whiteboard pens and glue sticks are in a basket stored on shelves.

[​IMG]

8. My lovely Daddy retired 2 weeks ago and has made me some fantastic boxes that hold pencils, rulers, gluesticks, white boards and just about everything else I could think of! He even painted them different colours for my groups. [​IMG]

I am a very happy (and now organised) NQT!

9. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

I hate pencil pots!!! Our children bring their own writing pens and pencils (mostly) and I have colouring pencils and pens in draws at the back for them to help themselves.

10. Tin cans: thoroughly washed and opened with a tin opener which seals the edge, then covered in sticky backed plastic. They've lasted years!!

11. [​IMG]