1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pen friends wanted;

Discussion in 'Australia - Staffroom' started by tandemtinker, May 8, 2017.

1. tandemtinker

tandemtinker New commenter

Hi Australian Colleagues, My Year 6 class of 30 ( 10/11 year olds) has just finished a gruelling 6 months of cramming ( no other word for describing the debacle of the SATs!!).....I, and no doubt, they, have had enough! To make it worse, there are still 10 weeks of school left until our summer holidays! To re-new their interest in schooling again, I'm looking for a school which would be willing to write exchange letters to us.....we'll write introductory letters to your Australian children....you distribute them accordingly and perhaps we could exchange twice before they leave for their high schools......if there are any takers, please send your details to my e-mail address ( briancain4@gmail.com) Incidentally, we are city children from Lincoln, close to Nottingham ( Robin Hood!!!) Many thanks for looking!

2. philippkirsch

philippkirsch New commenter

What a lovely idea in this day and age of instantaneous digital SMS!!!
    Did you have any takers?
    If so, how did things work out?

3. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

Yes, you have come up with a really lovely idea and I do hope you succeed. No good coming to me though. I've retired from teaching and am now a children's poet.