1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PEF and SAC - Did it work?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by ladywholunch, Nov 3, 2019.

1. ladywholunch

ladywholunch New commenter

I may be half joking here. It was money used to pay for jobs for the boys all over the place.

Pupil equity funding? What societal and/or educational gaps did it bridge in your school?..

2. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Established commenter

None.

3. halfajack

halfajack Occasional commenter

markbannan, bigjimmy2 and Marisha like this.
  4. Effinbankers

Effinbankers Lead commenter

I think you're 100% serious

Drillies, 2 tears out of probation, in charge of "raising attainment". Part of the HT's arselicking club. Sends a raft of emails about taking weans out of class continually for "learning conversations" (when they should be in class) and then follows it up with more emails about strategies teachers could use to raise attainment for these kids.

You couldn't make this BS up. Stick to putting out hockey cones and stacking beanbags.

5. bigjimmy2

Is "tears" really a typo?!

Yup, two/three years out of probation and our Pretendy PT of Raising Attainment (a "dance" teacher, no less) justifies her enhanced salary by sending out emails asking us to remind our classes that supported study is running.

Learning conversation? I like to think every word I utter to a pupil is a "learning conversation", otherwise I'd have no reason to speak to the vast majority of pupils at all.

And yes, spot on again, what right does someone who wears joggies to their work have to tell you how to do your job?

"Education" isn't the word any more.

6. Marisha

Marisha Occasional commenter

We had similar round our way - someone in the Creative and Aesthetic faculty who'd only been teaching about 3 yrs. Sent out lots of emails telling us how wonderful they were. Apparently, they were sensitive to the needs of the children, so the kids felt they could 'open up' to them.

In the end, I took to sending them passive aggressive emails thanking them for their valued input and inviting them to come round to my department and faculty to help us improve. They never managed to make it, for some strange reason.

PS Yes, I'm an evil witch and isn't it a good job I'm no longer in the profession?

alexmurraybrown and bigjimmy2 like this.
  7. bigjimmy2

Catmum, I always knew there was something of the night about you.

Marisha likes this.
  8. bigjimmy2

Five days later and I realise it was Marisha wot wrote "witch". . . what a Richard I am!

catmother likes this.
  9. Marisha

Marisha Occasional commenter

I've only just seen it!

bigjimmy2 and catmother like this.